467 Diddillibah Road, DIDDILLIBAH QLD 4559
Quality Acreage living
This magnificent private acreage property is located approximately 15 minutes from surf beaches, the Sunshine Plaza and the airport. This four bedroom double story property offers a quiet rural ambiance with an elevated northerly aspect across Paynter Creek and Rosemount. Local state and private schools are served by bus pickups in Diddillibah Road and the Woombye train station to Brisbane is just 5 minutes away. The property includes a mature orchard with dozens of fruit and nut trees, two secure chicken yards and vegetable/herb gardens, all established to enjoy a sense of living off the land’.
• The roomy living area, lounge and master bedroom all open onto the north-facing deck via large sliding doors offering uninterrupted views across the property and the rural vista
• The modern, spacious kitchen features both Caesar stone and stainless steel bench tops, meals bar, large European (Ilve) electric oven and gas cook top and other practical design features to cater for family living
• The separate lounge and living areas are served by a French double-sided fireplace to provide a comfortable ambiance during the cooler Winter evenings
• A large walk-in robe and ensuite bathroom off the master bedroom opens out into a private courtyard at the rear of the home, with separate study off the master
• The lower story offers the potential for a separate living with three spacious bedrooms, one with walk-in robe and ensuite bathroom, the others with built-in robes. A separate toilet and bathroom serve these bedrooms and adjacent lounge/living area that includes a small kitchenette
• The bedrooms all have wide private openings onto a deck to provide intimate access to the rural ambiance
• A substantial storage room at the lower rear of the building offers a convenient place for all those items used occasionally
• Extensive bitumen driveways wander through remnant forest to the residence and also provide access to the fenced paddocks, which comprise 4.5 acres in total
• The paddocks comfortably carry three horses, include a separate water tank, troughs and stock shed
• The eco-friendly, minimal maintenance, high-set home offers an elevated 180-degree rural vista to the north, designed to capture afternoon breezes without the need for air-conditioners
• A 3.1kW solar PV system designed to maximize efficiency, provides renewable energy, along with the separate solar hot water system
• The home is drought proofed with 75,000L of water storage as in-ground concrete tanks. All wastewater is treated through an enviro-cycle treatment plant for irrigation to the extensive orchard. Waste power consumption is reduced by a centrally located switch that de-energises all non-essential power points at night and when leaving the building.
• The steel framed building is fully insulated (walls and ceilings) to provide year round ambient conditions. The upper story is accessible at ground level from the extensive bitumen area and adjacent 3-vehicle garage and workshop
• The imposing French style double entry door from India provides an interesting visual contrast to the minimalist style interior: 2.7m high ceilings, modern square set plaster walls and ceilings and tiled flooring throughout. The wide doorways throughout are wheelchair friendly.
• The properties maintenance and grounds will be taken care of by an onsite maintenance person, who lives in the private onsite cabin.